Tablet weaving is an ancient craft. Archaeological finds reveal us it was widely practiced also in Iron Age Finland. This book will teach you how to tablet weave bands using the techniques typical of the era: reversing twining direction on a diagonal, aka Finnish diagonals, and the tubular selvage and half turns - two specialities only known in Finland. The book contains instructions and pattern diagrams for 30 different bands with ancient, universal motifs, used all over the world from the dawn of times. Some of the patterns are based on grave finds; some are designed inspired by the motifs and imagery of the Iron Age. The two authors are enthusiastic tablet weavers who joined their passion and joy of weaving into making this book. Maikki Karisto is a versatile craftswoman who has previously published the first seminal work on tablet weaving in Finland. Mervi Pasanen is a journalist who has studied old crafts inspired by her interest in the Middle Ages.
Kun ostat verkkokaupasta:
- 1 Laskulla jopa 60 päivää korotonta maksuaikaa. Lue lisää »
- 2 Bonus ostoista jopa 5 %
- 3 Lisäksi S-Etukortti Visalla 0,5 % maksutapaetua.
- 4 Yli 100€ tilauksille ilmainen toimitus Postin pakettiautomaattiin.
- 5 Tuotteilla ilmainen palautusoikeus 14 päivän ajan.