The research verifies that as in many other countries, the quantity of crime news supply has increased quite markedly in Finland. The study also shows that exposure to crime news is related to being worried about violent victimization and avoidance behaviour and documents that exposuree to TV crime reality-programming is associated with reduced social trust among Finnish adolescents.
The analysis of Poliisi-TV shows that it transmits a distorted view of crime when contrasted with primary data sources on crime, but that this distortion is not as big as could be expected from international research findings and pochal theories of sociology. The research also indicates that the portrayals of violence victims in Poliisi-TV do not fit the traditional ideal types of victims that are usually seen to dominate crime in the media. Moreover, the fact that the victims of violence in Poliisi-TV are ordinary people represents a wider development of normalization of the crime victim in Finland.
- 1 Laskulla jopa 60 päivää korotonta maksuaikaa.
- 2 Bonus ostoista jopa 5 %
- 3 Lisäksi S-Etukortti Visalla 0,5 % maksutapaetua.
- 4 Yli 100€ tilauksille ilmainen toimitus S-ryhmän myymälään tai Postin pakettiautomaattiin.
- 5 Tuotteilla ilmainen palautusoikeus 14 päivän ajan.