Hymn, Song, Society (Kovakantinen kirja)
In the Finnish research project, a special emphasis was placed on researching the contemporary situation of hymns and songs in society. This viewpoint frames also the contents of this book where the articles are independent, peer reviewed academic studies. Thematically, the book is divided into three sections. The first one deals with the numerous functions and meanings of hymns in the Christian church and society at large. The second section in the book has a focus on hymnals in different national contexts. The third section addresses experiences with spiritual songs, as well as the meanings and influence that spiritual songs have had during the course of life.
The themes of the articles cover a wide range over hymnological, musicological and societal topics. The articles deal with both hymns and spiritual songs, their texts, melodies, singers and contexts; their environments varying from the Finnish and Scandinavian countries, and crossing over the Northern European borders as well. The authors are academic researchers and scholars on Church music, Theology, Religious education, History, Social sciences, and Cultural studies.
Kun ostat verkkokaupasta:
- 1 Laskulla jopa 60 päivää korotonta maksuaikaa. Lue lisää »
- 2 Bonus ostoista jopa 5 %
- 3 Lisäksi S-Etukortti Visalla 0,5 % maksutapaetua.
- 4 Yli 100€ tilauksille ilmainen toimitus Postin pakettiautomaattiin.
- 5 Tuotteilla ilmainen palautusoikeus 14 päivän ajan. Ilmainen palautus ei koske suurikokoisia toimituksia (69€).